Sunday, April 30, 2006

Taking a break














I just put Megan down for a nap, and Tim is asleep (since he is working nights), and Kailey and Alexis are coloring... so I have a few minutes free to post some pictures of the most beautiful girls in the world! They love to color!

Megan is 22 months old now, and like her sisters she is going through the "terrible 2's" early. All 3 of the girls did this. Right around this age they all went through a phase of getting into all sorts of trouble and basically just not listening. Fortunately for us, it only lasted a few months with Kailey and Alexis, so I am hoping Megan will be over it soon. One of the things she has learned to do, is open doors. With our home security system we have a function that you can turn on so that whenever the front or back door opens, the alarm actually says "back door" or "front door". While this can be annoying, it has come in really handy over the past few weeks. Also, recently I wasn't quite sure where Megan had disappeared to... so I went looking for her. She had opened the bathroom door, and I found her sitting in the sink, brushing her teeth. I had to get a picture of it, because it was just too funny. What you can't see in the picture is that she also had the water running and was sitting in a sink of water.

We are once again attempting the potty training thing with Alexis. This is attempt 3 or 4, I am not sure. She seems to have this stubborn streak, and I am not sure where she gets it from. Ok you can all stop laughing now, she might get it from me. Anyway, she just does not want to use the potty. She can do it, but she will just flat out say " I want my diaper back." The doctor has told me not to push it and she will do it when she is ready. But, I have had enough of diapers, so we are attempting once again. The thing is, she is so advanced in all the other areas of development. I got a checklist/informational booklet when I registered Kailey for Kindergarten that is supposed to help you determine if your child is ready for Kindergarten. I went through it, and Alexis at 3 years old can do everything listed that 5 year olds should do before going to school... except potty training. So, I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much. If anyone has any advice or tricks, please let us know!

Kailey is doing really well, she is very anxious for school to start in July. The schools here are year round, so she starts in the middle of July. The AZ legislators have a bill before them right now that proposed full day kindergarten. We are not sure if it will pass before school starts, but there is a chance she might be going full day. The school is right around the corner from our house, which will make it a lot easier for me.

Tim and I are doing well, other than that he is working a lot, and it is usually 12 hour night shifts. I do get tired easily, so I think I will go and rest before Megan wakes up! :)

No comments: