Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

The girls and I decided to start off 2009 with a relaxing day... Ha! Things don't always go as planned. Most of the day was relaxing and we decided to have a fun night with some chocolate fondue! We had bananas, pound cake, pretzels and marshmallows. It was yummy and messy!



Then, we talked to Tim on Skype (which I love!). After chatting for awhile we decided that I would get the kids ready for bed, then they could say goodnight to Tim and then Tim and I could chat for awhile. Tim waited while I went to get the girls ready for bed.I was in the kitchen when I heard a loud smack and kids screaming... and Tim could hear it all too. I ran to the hallway where Zoey and Alexis had run had on into each other. In the few seconds it took me to get to them, Zoey already had a purple bump the size of a golf ball sticking out of her forehead. She was in a daze and I was scared! I called an ambulance because I was worried that the bump had developed so quickly and was so big! Meanwhile Tim could still hear the whole thing! Soon, there were firefighters, EMT's and cops all in our living room and they were taking Zoey, Alexis and I to the ER in an Ambulance. My neighbor stayed with Kailey and Megan. Not too long after we got to the ER Zoey started to get back to her normal self... I think she was just scared after she got hurt. We stayed for awhile for observation and then they let us go home. It was quite a crazy start to 2009. Here are some pics in the ER from when the girls were starting to feel better. It's kinda hard to see the bump in the picture, but it was huge!



No comments: