Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ostrich Farm

For any of you that have driven on the I-10, just north of Tucson, you have probably noticed the signs for the Ostrich farm. The first time we saw it we thought it was such a strange thing to see. Anyway, we had to be up in north Tucson so we decided to drive a little longer and actually stop at the Ostrich farm. They sell food for the Ostriches as well as some deer that they have there. I never realized how scary Ostriches can be. They were a lot bigger than I expected, and as soon as they saw us coming they were right up at the fence bobbing their heads. There were signs everywhere that said "Ostriches do bite," and "we are not responsible for any accidents," so I made Tim feed them. The first one bit him... fortunately they don't have teeth, but the nip from the beak didn't feel very good. So, we moved on to feeding the deer! The girls loved it! The deer ate right out of their hands. Here are some pictures of all the fun!

No comments: